This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Red Heart Patterns for Baby: 12 Easy Knitting Patterns for Little Ones
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Baby Wheat Cardigan
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"This sweater was inspired by our first summer here in our new home in Montana. Being a New England girl, I had never seen field of wheat before. If you haven’t, IT IS BEAUTIFUL. It can be totally mesmerizing too in the wind. It almost like waves of water. I wanted to capture that in a sweater for my preemie daughter to wear over her Sunday church outfits. It gets very cold here in winter so layers are super important, hence the cardigan. I specifically chose a super soft fingering weight yarn that would keep her warm without overheating her. A nice light layer."
Knitting Needle Size1 or 2.25 mm, 2 or 2.75 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge32sts & 40 rows to make 10cm square, using size 2(US) 3mm needles
Finished SizeSize: 0-3m, 3-6m (6-12m, 12m) 18m, 24m - Chest Measurement: 41, 44 (47, 50) 52, 54 cm
- Approximately 2, 2 (3, 3) 4, 4 balls of KnitPick Capretta (230y/50g)
- 7 3/8in buttons
- yarn needle
- stitch markers
- 1(US) 2.5mm & 2(US) 3mm straight and dpn
Read NextEasy Baby Cardigan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Aspen Mountain Knit Tote
The Aspen Mountain Knit Tote is a striking bag knitting pattern made with the double seed stitch. The end result is lovely and quite… Continue reading: "Aspen Mountain Knit Tote"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Keyhole Scarf
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You