We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Fiber artist Fayme Harper has been crocheting 45 years since her mother taught her as a child and knitting for 38 years since she learned to knit with her left-handed father at the age of 14 from library books. She is a third generation crochet artist, with her two daughters following in her footsteps as the fourth generation.
Being a child during the creative rennaissance of hippy days, it wasn't a long stretch before she figured out designing her own projects was a lot more fun and satisfying than figuring out written patterns. She figures if she ever has enough time, she could crochet and knit an entire house. Her motto is 'Use it up, Wear it out, Make It Do or Do Without.' and thus every little tiny scrap and gauge square of knitting or crocheting ends up in a project at some point.
Her four years in college were spent taking every art class she could including pottery, oil painting, needlecrafts, and photography. Her other fiber skills include stick weaving, tatting, macrame', embroidery, needle punch, quilting and sewing.
Never one to sit still for long, she also enjoys traditional archery, jewelry making, tribal belly dancing, and writing poetry and lyrics. She lives in Southern CA with her boyfriend, who is a well-known fletcher, and their two cats Wallop and Rocky.
Videos on AllFreeKnitting
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- 11 Free Knitting Patterns for 4th of July
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts