Silk Chiffon Ribbon Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Faithful to the name, this Silk Chiffon Ribbon Yarn is pretty darn good yarn. If you're seeking out a new type of yarn from your usual choice, it's time to try some green crafting. What I find interesting about Darn Good Yarn is that their products are made from recycled materials, all of which are both hand-spun and dyed by groups of Nepalese women. These products reduce waste and jointly support women in need and their families.
Apart from being a fair trade product, this yarn has other great qualities. You're not getting your average yarn by exploring this kind. Instead of a heavy yarn, this Silk Chiffon Ribbon Yarn is light and wispy. Made from excess chiffon, hand-torn and then sewn into ribbon, this dyed yarn has an almost ethereal quality to it. It's so unique in its texture and appearance from the norm, that I almost forgot I was dealing with yarn while reviewing this product.
Some might think that such differences between this Silk Chiffon Ribbon Yarn and other yarns would mean different knitting patterns and projects. However, that is not the case with this Darn Good Yarn. You'll find that applying Silk Chiffon Ribbon Yarn to a regular knitting pattern, such as a scarf, yields an interesting project. You'll make knits that are perfect for warmer weather.
In each 50 gram skein there are 40 yards of fabulous yarn to put towards your knitting projects. Since this particular yarn is hand-dyed at a South Western Indian women's co-op, every color featured is a limited edition. If that doesn't make you act fast, I don't know what will. Browse through the featured colors at Darn Good Yarn's website to see what you like and order a hank today.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- 9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Free Knitting Designs for Fall: 8 Knit Sweater Patterns, Scarves, Bags and More
- How to Knit a Hat: 7 Cozy Free Knit Hat Patterns
- How to Knit a Sweater: 7 Free Sweater Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Data Center Mitts
- Through Thick and Thin Scarf
- Ruffled Rosie Baby Hat
- Comfort in Cables Baby Hat
- Basket Weave Pillow
- Knitted Scarves
- 3 Skeins or Less - Fresh Knitted Accessories
- Chunky Knits: 31 Projects for You & Your Home Knit with Bulky Yarn
- It's A Wrap: 275 Cowl & Scarf Knitting Patterns
- Funfetti Layered Cowl