73 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitting for babies is one of the most exciting kinds of knitting projects. From hats and booties to blankets and sweaters, babies need a little bit of everything ... and you can knit it all for them using these 73 free baby knitting patterns! If you're knitting for a newborn, you can make a cute hat using the Baby Bunting Knitting Pattern, or you can knit them a Maile Sweater. If you're looking for something cute and snuggly, look no further than the Hoodie Baby Blanket. There's something for every occasion in this collection of 73 free baby knitting patterns!
Once you see all these cute patterns, the hardest part will be deciding which ones to make. If you have a little one in your life, these baby knitting patterns cannot be beat. Each pattern is so sweet and will make your wee one feel nice and cozy. Whether you're interested in making a pair of baby booties, knit hat, knit sweater, snuggly blanket, or anything in between, we've got you covered. The possibilities are endless when it comes to these can't-miss baby knitting patterns.
73 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
Table of Contents
For these precious baby knits and a ton more, take a look at our 301 Too Cute to Handle Baby Knitting Patterns!
Keep baby's feet warm and snuggly with these precious baby knitting patterns for adorable booties. From simple and traditional to fun and embellished, there's something here for everyone! These baby knitting patterns will help you keep your little one's little toes cozy and happy.
- Candy Shoppe Baby Booties - pictured
- Seed Stitch Baby Booties
- Bitty Baby Uggs
- Pom Pom Baby Booties
- Teeny Tiny Mary Janes
- Big Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Easy Baby Booties
- Two Needle Blocks Baby Booties
- Easiest Baby Booties Pattern
- Seamless Baby Booties
- Lemon Lime Baby Booties - NEW!
- Banana Split Newborn Mary Janes - NEW!
- Ribbon Baby Booties - NEW!
It's not that hard to keep baby's head and ears warm with these absolutely adorable baby knitting patterns. These comfy caps are protective, stylish, and easy to make! Because these baby knitting patterns for hats are so small, you can churn them out quickly and have a ton of options for your baby.
- Sophisticated Baby Hat
- Cute and Cozy Baby Hat - pictured
- Top Down Elongated Stitches Baby Hat
- Reversible Baby Hat
- Breezy Baby Hat
- Baby in Bloom Hat
- Baby Bunting
- Lickety-Split Baby Hats
- Ear Flap Knit Hat Pattern
- Candy Twist Ribbed Hat
- Tiny Angel Hat - NEW!
- Blueberry Fields Baby Hat - NEW!
- Antennae Baby Hat - NEW!
- Rainbow Skies Baby Hat - NEW!
- Spring Day Baby Hat - NEW!
- Bow Baby Hat - NEW!
- Double Chevorn Baby Beanie - NEW!
- Vintage Pique Rib Hat - NEW!
- Super Stretchy Striped Baby Hat - NEW!
Have you caught baby fever? There's no need to worry. We have more darling baby knitting patterns just for you. Check out Bundle Up Baby: 33 Winter Baby Knits.
Why keep buying baby sweaters? We've everything from the formal Top Down Vintage Baby Cardigans to the more casual Simple Baby Hoodies. Whatever you choose, your baby is sure to be heading out in style with these baby knitting patterns for sweaters. You might even find yourself jealous of how great they look!
- Rainbow Clouds Baby Cardigan
- Summer Baby Cardigan
- Top Down Vintage Baby Cardigans
- Baby's Flower Lace Cardigan - pictured
- Maile Sweater
- Candy Cardigan
- Simple Baby Hoodies
- Panda Silk Baby Bubbles Smock
- Super Sweet Santa Baby Sweater
- Charlie Baby Cardigan - NEW!
- Preemie Baby Cardigans - NEW!
- Baby V-Neck Cardigan - NEW!
- Cute and Cozy Preemie Cardigan - NEW!
What could be better than an adorable hat with matching socks for your bundle of joy? These baby knitting patterns range from the traditional Eyelet Rib Set to the fun Just Ducky Hat and Socks pattern. The cutest part about baby sets is that you get a few baby knitting patterns of the same theme without having to do any digging. You'll adore the sets listed here.
- Frilly Baby Set - pictured
- Paintbrush Baby Set
- Easy as Pie Blanket + Kimono
- Just Ducky Hat and Socks
- Seed Stitch Baby Set
- Baby Snuggle Sack + Hat
- Eyelet Rib Set
- Circle of Hearts Baby Hat & Socks
- Premature Baby Sets
- Knit Hat and Booties Set - NEW!
- Pinky Knit Shorts, Hat, Legwarmers - NEW!
Make something warm and snuggly for baby to cuddle up with by taking on one of these cute little baby knitting patterns. Knitted blankets are the gifts baby will never outgrow, and will both look good in the nursery and keep him warm, toasty, and feeling protected at night.
- XOXO Hugs and Kisses Cable Baby Blanket
- Soft Vines Baby Blanket - pictured
- Cuddly Seed Stitch Baby Blanket - check out the video tutorial below!
- Exploding Flower Baby Blanket
- Dream Catcher Baby Blanket
- Many Mitered Baby Blanket
- Soft, Easy Baby Throw
- One Ball Baby Blanket
- Box Stitch Baby Blanket
- In a Wink Baby Blanket
- Whirlwinds Baby Blanket - NEW!
- Almeria Blanket - NEW!
- Nomad Baby Blanket - NEW!
- Hip to Be Square Baby Blanket - NEW!
- Speedy One-Row Baby Blanket - NEW!
- Lazy Wavy Baby Blanket - NEW!
- Watermelon Chevron Baby Blanket - NEW!
*Check out this video to learn how to make the Cuddly Seed Stitch Baby Set with seed stitch!*
How to Knit: Seed Stitch
If you love knitting up baby blankets, then you have to check out Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets. You're sure to find somethig here to keep your needles occupied.
What are some of your favorite baby knit patterns?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 73 Free Baby Knitting Patterns
- Red Heart Patterns for Baby: 12 Easy Knitting Patterns for Little Ones
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Baby Sleep Sack
- Little Baby Mittens
- Summer Baby Cardigan
- Sweet Summer Knit Baby Dress
- Sweet and Simple Baby Dress
- Blooming Baby Headband
- Bed of Roses Baby Dress
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- 11 Free Knitting Patterns for 4th of July
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts