Knitting For Beginners Guide: 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
By: Caitlin Eaton, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you're new to the knitting world, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to create beautiful, handmade garments for your friends and family. Once you learn the basics of knitting, there are plenty of free knitting patterns for beginners for every season. Whether you're looking for free knitting patterns for beginners hats, or if you're hoping to snag a few easy scarf knitting patterns, you're bound to find something you like in this collection. Do you have a birthday party coming up, or a special event like a wedding? Use that opportunity to learn a new skill and make your own gift! Knitting for beginners doesn't have to be difficult; once you know the basics (with the help of some free tutorials), you'll find that there's a wide variety of free knitting patterns to suit all tastes.
Find tons of helpful tips and tricks in our free eBook: Knitting for Beginners: 6 Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
Knitting for Beginners Guide: 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners Hats
Easy Scarf Knitting Patterns
Free Afghan Knitting Patterns Beginners
Do you want to go over some knitting basics before you tackle a new project? Review the fundementals with Knitting for Beginners: A Collection of Free Knitting Tutorials!
The difficulty about knitting for beginners is that you can feel limited in what you can accomplish. Don't feel this way! There are plenty of free knitting patterns for beginners that are simple enough for you to tackle, even if you don't know every knitting technique in the book. This collection of hat patterns is a great place to get started. Once you've knit your way through a simple patterns, you're bound to be able to try something a little more challenging, like hats! If you're not familiar with circular knitting needles, don't worry. Many of the patterns featured below use straight knitting needles. You'll just need to seam them up the back to create a nice round shape.
- Cobblestone Hat - Just as charming as a cobblestone road in Germany, this unique hat pattern is just what you need to build up your knitting confidence. Can you believe all this amazing texture takes is a combination of knit and purl stitches?
- Simple Hoodie Hat - This adorable hat is a great beginner knitting pattern because it only uses the knit stitch. Have a baby shower coming up? Make Baby something cute and cozy using this easy pattern. You can even customize it with tassels or flowers!
- Basic Adult Knitted Beanie -This hat is not only suitable for beginners, but it makes a great charity pattern.
The best friend of any knitter, knit scarf patterns are particularly fun for beginners. Depending on the pattern, you might be able to knit your own stylish accessory - for any season - in a matter of hours this weekend! Scarves also make great gifts for a variety of occasions, whether it's a birthday party, a holiday gift, or a handmade present for a special friend. I know you'll love this collection of scarves that we rounded up just for you!
- Easy Mistake Stitch Scarf - By using an odd number of stitches, this scarf creates a gorgeous rib design that's more dramatic than traditional ribbing. Great for men and women, this pattern is definitely one of my all-time favorites.
- Simple Lucky Scarf - This easy-to-make pattern is perfect for people of all ages! Classic in appearance and design, this pattern will never go out of style.
- Bark Knit Scarf - If you're looking for a scarf with a bit of a bite to it, this pattern is calling your name. Using basic stitches, this textural piece creates a design that looks just like the bark of a tree.
While quick knitting projects are fun for taking with you on the go, larger projects are wonderful for practicing knitting skills and can be extremely rewarding, too. In this collection of beautiful afghan patterns, you'll find a group of blankets composed of simple stitches that make a big impact on your home decor. Many of the blankets below feature the garter stitch, which is just the repeated knit stitch over and over again. As you continue knitting the same stitch, the motion will become more natural and your speed will increase. At the end of all that practice, you'll also have your own homemade afghan!
- Sherbet Surprise Afghan - This knit afghan pattern is the quintessential summer project. With pastel stripes of the garter stitch mixed with the bumpy seed stitch, this afghan is a cool blend of texture and color. Drape this beautiful afghan over your couch and remember the all the highlights of summer, like eating rainbow sherbet by the beach.
- Brenda's Knit Stitch Afghan - This blanket might look like it's constructed of separate squares, but it's made entirely in one piece! Use various yarns to create this unique look. Get plenty of practice using the knit stitch with this incredibly simple design.
- Easy Blanket - This bulky beauty is also great for a new knitter. Thicker yarn not only makes the project work up quickly, but it's easy to use and great for building up skills.
Bonus! Even more easy knitting patterns for beginners
Do you want to keep working on the basics? You might want to check out Learn How to Knit with a Knit Dishcloth Pattern: 10 Patterns for Beginners.
Tags / Related Topics
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Knitting For Beginners Guide: 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- Simple Arm Knitting Patterns: The Easiest Arm Knit Scarves, Blankets, and More
- 20 Straight Needle Knitting Patterns You Need
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters free eBook
- A Stitch in Time: 15 Quick Knitting Projects
- 11 Two Hours Or Less Knitting Patterns
- Blissful Braids: 18 Cable Stitch Knitting Patterns
- 15 Knitting for Beginners Projects + Bonus eBook
- Knitting in the Round: 10 Seamless Knitting Patterns
- The Best 100 Free Knitting Designs Ever: Free Afghan Patterns, Knit Scarf Patterns and More
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- 9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Free Knitting Designs for Fall: 8 Knit Sweater Patterns, Scarves, Bags and More
- How to Knit a Hat: 7 Cozy Free Knit Hat Patterns
- How to Knit a Sweater: 7 Free Sweater Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns