The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Aspira One Button Tunic
By: Melissa Matthay for Caron
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
This gorgeous Aspira One Button Tunic is a great little number to have in your closet this spring. With a loose-fitting shape, this sweater can be worn alone in the summer or with a long-sleeved shirt underneath in cooler weather. Learn how to knit a sweater with these instructions that come in small, medium and large.
Knitting Needle Size: 7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- (75% Microdenier Acrylic/25% Bamboo;): Color #0008 Misty Taupe, 10 (13, 16)oz/283 (368, 453)m
- One pair size U.S. 7 (4.5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Crochet hook size E-4 (3.5mm)
- Yarn needle
Small (Medium, Large)
Chest/Bust 36 (40, 44)"/91.5 (101.5, 112)cm
Length 26 (27 ½, 29)"/66 (70, 73.5)cm
In Stockinette stitch, using U.S. size 7 (4.5mm) needles, 18 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm
Stockinette stitch (St st)
CO 3 sts.
Row 1 (RS): Sl 1, M1, k1, M1, k1—5 sts.
Row 2 and all even rows: Sl 1 purlwise, purl to end.
Row 3: Sl 1, k1, M1, p1, M1, k2—7 sts.
Row 5: Sl 1, k1, M1, p1, k1, p1, M1, k2—9 sts.
Row 7: Sl l 1, k1, M1, k to last 2 sts, M1, k2.
Row 9: Sl 1, k1,M1, k1, (p1, k1) to last 2 sts, M1, k2.
Row 10: Repeat Rows 7-10 until there are 53 (59, 65) sts.
Next and every RS row: Sl 1, k1, M1, work in patt to last 3 sts, dec 1 st (skp), k1.
Next and every WS row: Sl 1, purlwise, purl to end.
Repeat last 2 rows until left (dec) side measures 15 (16, 17)".
Maintaining patt, inc 1 st at side edge every row 8 times—61 (67, 73) sts.
Maintaining patt, BO at beg of neck edge 3 sts 4 times, then 1 st 4 times; AT THE SAME TIME, at sleeve edge, dec 1 st every 4th row 6 times. Note: 6 patt repeats have been completed—39 (45, 53) sts.
Continue to dec 1 st at sleeve edge every 4th row 4 more times; AT THE SAME TIME, dec 1 st at neck edge every row 5 times, then BO 5 (6, 7) sts at neck edge 6 times.
Work as for Left Back reversing shaping.
Note: Patt is worked sideways.
CO 4 sts. Work in patt for 2 rows.
Next row and every other row: CO 2 sts, patt to end. Continue in patt until there are 54 (60, 66) sts.
CO 1 st every other row until there are 66 (72, 78) sts. Work 3 rows in patt.
Middle Pleat (RS): Purl.
Continue working in St st and short rows as follows:
Row 1 (WS): Purl.
Row 2 (RS): Knit.
Rows 3 and 4: P20, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 5 and 6: P40, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 7 and 8: P60, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Row 9: Purl all sts.
Row 10: Knit all sts.
Rows 11 and 12: P60, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 13 and 14: P40, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 15 and 16: P20, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Row 17: Purl.
Resume patt reversing shaping by dec 1 st at beg of every other row 12 times. BO 2 sts at beg of every other row until there are no sts.
FRONT SIDE PANEL
With RS facing, pick up and k67 (73, 79) sts along side front top edge. Work in patt for 4" (6 patt repeats), inc 1 st each edge every 4 rows 6 times—79 (85. 91) sts.
Then on RS side edge BO very loosely 2 sts at beg of every RS row 26 times. Shape Sleeve: Inc 1 st at sleeve edge every row 8 times. Then dec 1 st at neck edge every other row 5 times. AT THE SAME TIME, BO 5 (6, 7) sts at beg of side edge for shoulder seam 6 times.
Reverse shaping for other side panel.
Sew shoulder, side and back seams.
With crochet hook and two strands of yarn, work 1 row single crochet around armholes and neckline. If desired, work a chain 6 buttonloop where button is placed. Work 1 row single crochet around bottom edges.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Flirty Ruffle Knit Blouse
- "Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More" eBook
- Beginner Boxy Lace Knit Top
- Summer Mesh Top
- Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
- Casual Knit Top
- 17 Knit Tops for the Summer
- Audrey Hepburn Tunic
- Hotness Top
- Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend Top
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Lilac Blossom Baby Dress
- La Dolce Vita Baby Cardigan
- Preemie Baby Cardigans
- Super Cute Mini Christmas Pudding
- Top 100 Knitting Patterns: Knit Scarves, Afghans, Cardigans, and More
- Men's Knit Pom Hat
- Fabulously Fluffy Snood
- Finger Knit Infinity Scarf
- Super Cute Yarn Ball Ornament
- Easy Knitted Christmas Trees