The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Aspira One Button Tunic
By: Melissa Matthay for Caron
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
This gorgeous Aspira One Button Tunic is a great little number to have in your closet this spring. With a loose-fitting shape, this sweater can be worn alone in the summer or with a long-sleeved shirt underneath in cooler weather. Learn how to knit a sweater with these instructions that come in small, medium and large.
Knitting Needle Size: 7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- (75% Microdenier Acrylic/25% Bamboo;): Color #0008 Misty Taupe, 10 (13, 16)oz/283 (368, 453)m
- One pair size U.S. 7 (4.5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Crochet hook size E-4 (3.5mm)
- Yarn needle
Small (Medium, Large)
Chest/Bust 36 (40, 44)"/91.5 (101.5, 112)cm
Length 26 (27 ½, 29)"/66 (70, 73.5)cm
In Stockinette stitch, using U.S. size 7 (4.5mm) needles, 18 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm
Stockinette stitch (St st)
CO 3 sts.
Row 1 (RS): Sl 1, M1, k1, M1, k1—5 sts.
Row 2 and all even rows: Sl 1 purlwise, purl to end.
Row 3: Sl 1, k1, M1, p1, M1, k2—7 sts.
Row 5: Sl 1, k1, M1, p1, k1, p1, M1, k2—9 sts.
Row 7: Sl l 1, k1, M1, k to last 2 sts, M1, k2.
Row 9: Sl 1, k1,M1, k1, (p1, k1) to last 2 sts, M1, k2.
Row 10: Repeat Rows 7-10 until there are 53 (59, 65) sts.
Next and every RS row: Sl 1, k1, M1, work in patt to last 3 sts, dec 1 st (skp), k1.
Next and every WS row: Sl 1, purlwise, purl to end.
Repeat last 2 rows until left (dec) side measures 15 (16, 17)".
Maintaining patt, inc 1 st at side edge every row 8 times—61 (67, 73) sts.
Maintaining patt, BO at beg of neck edge 3 sts 4 times, then 1 st 4 times; AT THE SAME TIME, at sleeve edge, dec 1 st every 4th row 6 times. Note: 6 patt repeats have been completed—39 (45, 53) sts.
Continue to dec 1 st at sleeve edge every 4th row 4 more times; AT THE SAME TIME, dec 1 st at neck edge every row 5 times, then BO 5 (6, 7) sts at neck edge 6 times.
Work as for Left Back reversing shaping.
Note: Patt is worked sideways.
CO 4 sts. Work in patt for 2 rows.
Next row and every other row: CO 2 sts, patt to end. Continue in patt until there are 54 (60, 66) sts.
CO 1 st every other row until there are 66 (72, 78) sts. Work 3 rows in patt.
Middle Pleat (RS): Purl.
Continue working in St st and short rows as follows:
Row 1 (WS): Purl.
Row 2 (RS): Knit.
Rows 3 and 4: P20, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 5 and 6: P40, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 7 and 8: P60, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Row 9: Purl all sts.
Row 10: Knit all sts.
Rows 11 and 12: P60, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 13 and 14: P40, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Rows 15 and 16: P20, turn and wrap, knit to end.
Row 17: Purl.
Resume patt reversing shaping by dec 1 st at beg of every other row 12 times. BO 2 sts at beg of every other row until there are no sts.
FRONT SIDE PANEL
With RS facing, pick up and k67 (73, 79) sts along side front top edge. Work in patt for 4" (6 patt repeats), inc 1 st each edge every 4 rows 6 times—79 (85. 91) sts.
Then on RS side edge BO very loosely 2 sts at beg of every RS row 26 times. Shape Sleeve: Inc 1 st at sleeve edge every row 8 times. Then dec 1 st at neck edge every other row 5 times. AT THE SAME TIME, BO 5 (6, 7) sts at beg of side edge for shoulder seam 6 times.
Reverse shaping for other side panel.
Sew shoulder, side and back seams.
With crochet hook and two strands of yarn, work 1 row single crochet around armholes and neckline. If desired, work a chain 6 buttonloop where button is placed. Work 1 row single crochet around bottom edges.
Tags / Related Topics
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- "Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More" eBook
- Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
- Hotness Top
- Casual Knit Top
- Cancun Spa Tunic
- Women's Pullover Style No. 126
- Fishtail Vest Pattern
- Gossamer Goddess Top
- Ladylike Patterns: 16 Knit Scarf Patterns + Womens Tops for Spring
- Audrey Hepburn Tunic
- 7 Free Knitting Patterns for Homemade Halloween Costumes and Easy Decorating Ideas
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- 9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Free Knitting Designs for Fall: 8 Knit Sweater Patterns, Scarves, Bags and More
- How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns
- Knitting for Beginners: 6 Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Reclaimed Cotton Ribbon
- Soho's Snood Kit
- The Ripple Effect: 25 Free Knitting Patterns with Chevron Stitch Knitting
- Effortless Cherry Wine Afghan
- Peppermint Stripes Baby Blanket
- Knitting for Teens: 36 Trendy Free Knitting Patterns They'll Love
- Different Knitting Stitches: 146 Patterns for Garter, Seed, Cable, and More
- Chevron Stitch Knitting: 10 Trendy Patterns
- Essential Berry Beret
- Arm Knit Scarf Kit