Shimmering Rose Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
With just one skein of yarn, you can create this stunning lace knit shawl pattern to impress all of your friends. The Shimmering Rose Shawl is a fun yet elegant way to cover your shoulders during a summer night breeze or fancy dinner party. Featuring a gorgeous leaf-like lace design, this lovely piece is sure to become the crown jewel of your wardrobe. A fun challenge for experienced knitters, the Shimmering Rose Shawl is a piece you'll be proud of once completed.
Knitting Needle Size: 7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® “Shimmer™”: 1 skein 1715 Hot Pink
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7]
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle.
dec = decrease
k = knit
inc = increase
mm = millimeters
p = purl
st(s) = stitch(es)
St st = Stockinette stitch (Knit on right side rows; Purl on wrong side rows)
tog = together
yo = yarn over
[ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
* or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
Sk2p: Slip 1 st knitwise to right needle, knit next 2 sts together, pass the slip stitch over and off needle.
Ssk: Slip 2 sts knitwise one at a time to right needle, insert point of left needle into front of sts, and knit them together.
NOTE: Due to the nature of the lace pattern, the number of stitches on each row may vary.
Lace Stitch (multiple of 14 sts + 1)
Row 1 (right side): * K1, yo, k5, yo, sk2p, yo, k5, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 2: Purl.
Row 3: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 4: P1, * [p3, k1] 3 times, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 5: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, p1, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 6: P1, * p3, k1, [p2, k1] twice, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 7: * [K1, yo] twice, k2tog, p1, ssk, p1, k2tog, p1, ssk, yo, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 8: P1, * p4, [k1, p1] twice, k1, p5; repeat from * across.
Row 9: * K1, yo, k3, yo, sk2p, p1, k3tog, yo, k3, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 10: Purl.
Repeat Rows 1 – 10 for Lace Stitch Pattern.
Cast on 23 stitches.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows.
Set up Beginning Shawl Pattern
Row 1 (right side): K4, yo, place marker, work Row 1 of
Lace stitch over next 15 sts, place marker, yo, k4–25 sts.
Row 2: K4, p1, work Row 2 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 3: K5, work Row 3 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 4: K4, p1, work Row 4 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Increase Row (right side): K4, yo, work across row in pattern as established to last 4 sts, yo, k4–27 sts.
Repeat Inc Row every fourth row 12 times more, working extra sts in St st–51 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row, making note of Lace stitch pattern row.
Setup Center Shawl Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, place marker, continue Lace stitch over next 43 sts, place marker, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, working Lace stitch over center 43 sts, repeat Inc Row every fourth row 4 times more, working extra sts in St st.–61 sts.
Work win established pattern until piece measures 24½” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Next (Dec) Row: K4, yo, k3tog, work across row in pattern as established to last 7 sts, k3tog, yo, k4–59 sts.
Repeat Dec Row every fourth row 2 times more–55 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row.
Setup Shawl End Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, k3tog, k13, place marker, continue Lace stitch over center 15 sts, place marker, k13, k3tog, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, again working Lace stitch pattern over center 15 sts only, and extra sts in St st, repeat Dec Row every fourth row 15 times more. Remove markers as sts are decreased–23 sts.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows. Bind off loosely. Weave in yarn ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- 5 Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Valentine's Day
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Knitting for Beginners: 6 Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- Mother's Day Crafts for Adults: 9 Easy Knitting Projects for Mom
- 9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- 11 Free Knitting Patterns for 4th of July
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- How to Knit a Hat: 7 Cozy Free Knit Hat Patterns
- Free Knitting Designs for Fall: 8 Knit Sweater Patterns, Scarves, Bags and More
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- How to Knit a Sweater: 7 Free Sweater Patterns
- New Favorites from Lion Brand: 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Scarves, Afghans and More
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns
- The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- The Best of the East Fashion Show & Marketplace Favorites: 7 Knitted Scarf Patterns, Free Knit Tops & More
- 7 Free Knitting Patterns for Homemade Halloween Costumes and Easy Decorating Ideas
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More
- Knitted Scarf Patterns Volume 2: Even more of your favorite knit scarf patterns
- How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family
- Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
- Knitting in the Round: 10 Knit Sock Patterns and Knitted Slipper Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- Red Heart Patterns for Baby: 12 Easy Knitting Patterns for Little Ones
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Sweet and Simple Knit Shawl
- Pick-Up Mobius Ear Warmers
- Unwind Infinity Scarf
- Diamond Chicken Sweater
- Sandy Winter Cable Cowl
- Garter Stitch Bow Tie Scarf
- Fisherman's Rib Slouchy Beanie
- Sweetish Subtlety Hat
- Rainbow Knit Blanket Pattern
- Gargantuan Infinity Scarf