The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Shimmering Rose Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
With just one skein of yarn, you can create this stunning lace knit shawl pattern to impress all of your friends. The Shimmering Rose Shawl is a fun yet elegant way to cover your shoulders during a summer night breeze or fancy dinner party. Featuring a gorgeous leaf-like lace design, this lovely piece is sure to become the crown jewel of your wardrobe. A fun challenge for experienced knitters, the Shimmering Rose Shawl is a piece you'll be proud of once completed.
Knitting Needle Size: 7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight: (4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- RED HEART® “Shimmer™”: 1 skein 1715 Hot Pink
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7]
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle.
dec = decrease
k = knit
inc = increase
mm = millimeters
p = purl
st(s) = stitch(es)
St st = Stockinette stitch (Knit on right side rows; Purl on wrong side rows)
tog = together
yo = yarn over
[ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified
* or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated.
Sk2p: Slip 1 st knitwise to right needle, knit next 2 sts together, pass the slip stitch over and off needle.
Ssk: Slip 2 sts knitwise one at a time to right needle, insert point of left needle into front of sts, and knit them together.
NOTE: Due to the nature of the lace pattern, the number of stitches on each row may vary.
Lace Stitch (multiple of 14 sts + 1)
Row 1 (right side): * K1, yo, k5, yo, sk2p, yo, k5, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 2: Purl.
Row 3: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 4: P1, * [p3, k1] 3 times, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 5: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, p1, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 6: P1, * p3, k1, [p2, k1] twice, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 7: * [K1, yo] twice, k2tog, p1, ssk, p1, k2tog, p1, ssk, yo, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 8: P1, * p4, [k1, p1] twice, k1, p5; repeat from * across.
Row 9: * K1, yo, k3, yo, sk2p, p1, k3tog, yo, k3, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 10: Purl.
Repeat Rows 1 – 10 for Lace Stitch Pattern.
Cast on 23 stitches.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows.
Set up Beginning Shawl Pattern
Row 1 (right side): K4, yo, place marker, work Row 1 of
Lace stitch over next 15 sts, place marker, yo, k4–25 sts.
Row 2: K4, p1, work Row 2 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 3: K5, work Row 3 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 4: K4, p1, work Row 4 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Increase Row (right side): K4, yo, work across row in pattern as established to last 4 sts, yo, k4–27 sts.
Repeat Inc Row every fourth row 12 times more, working extra sts in St st–51 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row, making note of Lace stitch pattern row.
Setup Center Shawl Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, place marker, continue Lace stitch over next 43 sts, place marker, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, working Lace stitch over center 43 sts, repeat Inc Row every fourth row 4 times more, working extra sts in St st.–61 sts.
Work win established pattern until piece measures 24½” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Next (Dec) Row: K4, yo, k3tog, work across row in pattern as established to last 7 sts, k3tog, yo, k4–59 sts.
Repeat Dec Row every fourth row 2 times more–55 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row.
Setup Shawl End Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, k3tog, k13, place marker, continue Lace stitch over center 15 sts, place marker, k13, k3tog, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, again working Lace stitch pattern over center 15 sts only, and extra sts in St st, repeat Dec Row every fourth row 15 times more. Remove markers as sts are decreased–23 sts.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows. Bind off loosely. Weave in yarn ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
- Oversized Shawl
- Mindless Sideways Shawl
- Stormy Skies Shawl
- Cable Pull-Through Wrap
- Attic Magic Shawl
- Unbelievably Easy Shawl
- Little House on the Prairie Shawl
- Maryland Mountains Shawl
- 19 Shawl Knitting Patterns for Fall
- 7 Free Knitting Patterns for Homemade Halloween Costumes and Easy Decorating Ideas
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- 9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Free Knitting Designs for Fall: 8 Knit Sweater Patterns, Scarves, Bags and More
- How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns
- Knitting for Beginners: 6 Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Reclaimed Cotton Ribbon
- Soho's Snood Kit
- The Ripple Effect: 25 Free Knitting Patterns with Chevron Stitch Knitting
- Effortless Cherry Wine Afghan
- Peppermint Stripes Baby Blanket
- Knitting for Teens: 36 Trendy Free Knitting Patterns They'll Love
- Different Knitting Stitches: 121 Patterns for Garter, Seed, Cable, and More
- Chevron Stitch Knitting: 10 Trendy Patterns
- Essential Berry Beret
- Arm Knit Scarf Kit