24+ Shawl Knitting Patterns for Fall
By: Katherine Filippo, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
When summer comes to an end and the weather starts to cool, these 24+ Shawl Knitting Patterns for Fall will keep you warm and stylish. We've collected a great list of free shawl patterns that you will love to make and wear. If you have ever wanted to learn how to knit a shawl, then these fall knitting patterns are perfect for you! These shawl knitting patterns come in every style and color and can be dressed up or down to fit any occasion.
For a great piece to help you transition from summer to fall, try a lace shawl pattern. When the weather isn't yet cold enough for bulkier knits, a light lace shawl will keep you just warm enough. And lace is always classy, so you can never go wrong when you wear knit lace shawls. If you want a fun shape for your shawl, you should check out a triangle shawl knitting pattern. These casual shawl knitting patterns are great for everyday wear. No matter the occasion, they will keep you warm and chic! When those autumn nights get chilly, you'll be happy you made one of these cozy shawl knitting patterns. If you enjoy going out to dinner with friends or are attending any weddings this fall, these formal shawls are great to wear over a dress. These free knit shawl patterns are so elegant and delicate you'll be getting compliments all night. Check out these fabulous shawl knitting patterns—they're perfect for the fall season!
24+ Shawl Knitting Patterns for Fall
Table of Contents
These beautiful shawl knitting patterns feature lace details and have a vintage charm to them. They make a wonderful addition to any outfit and are easy to dress up or down. These knit lace shawls are heavier than summer knits but still have the dainty lightness of lace, so you can wear them almost year round. However, their texture and thickness make them perfect for keeping autumn chills away.
- 8 Hour Lace Shawl - NEW!
- Escapist Lace Shawl
- Wanderlust Lace Shawl
- Merci Shawl
- Painted Wings Shawlette
- Lace Stole Knitting Pattern - NEW!
If you like lace shawls, then you'll love the intricate patterns in our new eBook. Download The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More now!
Triangle shawls are a distinctive and classic fashion choice. The triangle shawl has been around for decades and is still as gorgeous today as it was in the 1800s. These easy knitting patterns embody that classic style and are also fun to wear. Triangle shawls drape nicely and are a great layering piece for fall. Liven up your wardrobe with a colorful rainbow shawl, or put that one lonely skein to work with a quick one ball shawl. There are so many possibilities!
- Aeolian Shawl
- Prism Shawl
- One Ball Lace Triangle Shawl
- Attic Magic Shawl
- Hawaiian Sunset Lace Shawl - NEW!
- Starry Night Shawl
- Bohemian Beaded Mohair Shawl - NEW!
- Meadow Brioche Shawl Pattern - NEW!
Knit thicker for greater warmth, these cozy shawls are perfect for a crisp fall day. They're so soft and comfy you'll want to spend all day cuddled up in them. You won't be able to resist making one of these cozy shawl knitting patterns. Style these knitted shawls with a sweater and jeans, or wrap them around your shoulders to keep the chills away. However you wear these cozy knit shawl patterns, you'll love their style and coziness.
- Icelandic Sunrise Shawl
- Contralto Shawl
- Sideways Shawl
- Cozy Garter Stitch Shawl
- Popcorn Shawl
- Glamouous Statement Poncho
- Woodland Ruana Wrap - NEW!
- Key Lime Pie Wraplette - NEW!
Now you don't have to choose between looking nice and staying warm. Layer an elegant shawl over your fancy dress to get the best of both worlds. No matter what the event, these formal shawls will keep you warm in style. These knit shawl patterns are perfect for weddings, outdoor fall events, or just adding a touch of class to any outfit.
- Dummy Clap Shawl
- Stella Luna Shawl
- Midnight Ripple Shawl Pattern
- Mystic Forest Shawl
- Bamboo Wedding Shawl
- Lucy's Favorite Lace Shawl
- Simple Knit Eyelet Shawl
- An Easy Shawl to Knit
- Vintage Country Club Shawl
- Crescent Moon Eyelet Shawl - NEW!
- Lemon Lace Shawl Pattern - NEW!
- Old Hollywood Stole - NEW!
If you loved the collection above, then don't miss these patterns, which are some of our favorites. With free knitting patterns this gorgeous and stylish, you'll be able to get your wardrobe ready for autumn in hardly any time at all.
- Mindless Sideways Shawl
- Citrus Ruffles Shawl
- Tristen Eyelet Lace Shawl
- Autumn Rose Shawl
- Paint Palette Shawl
- Kate's Ruffled Shawl
- Heirloom Shawl
- Hills and Valleys Shawl
- Amazing Mitered Shawl
- Vintage Elegance Lacy Shawl - NEW!
- Lovely Day Shawl - NEW!
Do you want more shawls for fall? Check out our Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall Free eBook.
What do you love about knitting shawls?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- 11 Free Knitting Patterns for 4th of July
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Black Lace Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Plum Lace Wrap
- Sweet and Simple Knit Baby Hat
- Aspen Mountain Knit Tote
- Indian Summer Knitted Top
- Child's Woodland Hood Pattern
- Earflap Pom Pom Kids Hat
- Jingle Bell Knitted Elf Slippers
- Baby Ball Short Rows Knitting Pattern
- Funny Frog Hat