48 Knit Hat Patterns for the Winter
By: Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor for AllFreeKnitting.com
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Prepare to fight off the coldness of winter and knit yourself one of these incredible 48 Knit Hat Patterns for the Winter. I know that during the winter when I walk outside, the first part of my body to catch a chill is my head. Why? Most of your body heat gets lost through your head first, leaving your entire being chilled. So knit yourself one of these cozy free knit hat patterns and fight off the cold. Here you'll find a free knitting pattern to match every type of person's style.
Our knit hat patterns range in both style and weight, so you can pick exactly the kind of stitch you need to keep your head and ears cozy while still looking cute as heck out in the blizzards. Most of our knit hat patterns are easy enough for beginners to manage, but exciting and intricate enough for more advanced knitters to enjoy working with. Try customizing them each to fit your unique style, as knit hat patterns made just for you, or the ones you love, are things you'll never find in a store.
BONUS: More knit hat patterns just added!
48 Knit Hat Patterns for the Winter
Table of Contents
Well, we've got the hats covered. What about the scarves? Check out Knitted Scarf Patterns Volume 2: Even More of Your Favorite Knit Scarf Patterns.
Who says knit hat patterns have to be dull? Knit yourself a super stylish hat like the City Chic Winter Hat. It's the perfect addition to any dreary winter day. Now, you will not only stay warm, but you'll also look good while doing it! Our other stylish knit hat patterns will keep you looking fierce and adorable without any of the pain that comes from chilly ears. Try pairing these knit hats with loose-knit sweaters or an adorable knit tote bag for a chic-yet-homey look.
- Waffel Hat
- City Chic Winter Hat
- Peppermint Patty Hat
- Vintage Hat
- Katherine's Cable Knit Hat
- Puffin Cabled Hat
- Teen/Woman's Cable Hat
- K1.P1. Hat
- Frog Eye Hat
- Snowflower Hat
Sometimes you see a knit hat pattern and you can already feel how warm and cozy it will be. If that's the type of hat you're searching for, this is the list for you. Start by making the lovely 14-Cable Hat Knitting Pattern (shown below) that's not only warm, but has an incredible texture. Or, maybe you're more of a ribbed gal, and you'd rather try out our wonderfully forest-green Easy Ribbed Cable Hat for a more earthy knit hat pattern. Any will keep you comfy, sleet or snow.
- Checkered Hat
- 14-Cable Hat
- Bitty Cabled Hat
- Cable Banded Hat
- Essential Knit Hat Pattern
- Cable Hat with Poms
- Create Some Charm Hat
- Spin Cycle Hat
- Jovie the Elf Knock-Off Hat
- Easy Ribbed Cable Hat
All you artsy ladies out there know how valuable knit hat patterns for berets can be. Berets are a great way to stay warm during the winter while mixing up your day-to-day style. Use these amazing knit hat patterns to jazz up your winter wardrobe this year. The best part about these beret knit hat patterns is that berets don't go out of fashion when the snow melts and the sun comes out; pair them with a matching t-shirt or combat boots for a stylish winter-in-spring ensemble.
- Chunky Beret Pattern
- Yellow Seed Stitch Beret
- Blushing Rose Beret
- Butterfly Beret
- Essential Berry Beret
- Alpaca Dinnerplate Beret
- Chocolate Swirl Beret
- Fairy Lights Hat
- Deathly Hallows Graveyard Beret
Scarves, hats, and mittens... oh my! Check out How to Knit Mittens: 25 Patterns for the Family to complete your warm and toasty cool weather look!
Admit it; the sun gets in your eyes, and that's the one downfall to knit hat patterns for the winter. Who doesn't love to wear brimmed hats? Not only will they keep you from squinting your way through life, these knit hat patterns add an air of mystery to the wearer. From basic to more advanced, these patterns will make you forget its even cold outside! Pick the hat that you think is the best combination of warm and stylish.
- Basic Rolled Brim Hat
- Rolled Brim Speckled Beanie
- Tweedy Hope Hat
- Lace Edged Chemo Caps
- Simple Wide Brim Hat
- Roll Brim Hat
- Rainbow Rolled Brim
- Roll Brim Spiral Hat
- Downton Abbey Hat
Once you start knitting hats, it can be difficult to stop. These projects are relatively quick, and are almost always a lot of fun to throw together. If you're addicted to hat patterns, try out one of these cute knit hats. We're always updating with more knit hat patterns for the winter, so check back whenever you're looking for more fashionable knit hat patterns, or chunky and warm knits. Keeping your ears and head warm and cute is our number one priority.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Marsala Pom Pom Knit Hat Pattern
- 12 Top Knit Hat Patterns Ever
- Go Wild: 10 Knitted Animal Hats
- Knitting for Charity: 20 Free Hat Patterns
- 48 Knit Hat Patterns for the Winter
- Basic Adults Knitted Beanie
- Berries Blast Beanie
- Grandma's Favorite Garter Stitch Hat
- Pink Quick-Knit Beanie
- How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Mother's Day Crafts for Adults: 9 Easy Knitting Projects for Mom
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Cuddly Amigurumi Giraffe
- Sakura Baby Sweater
- Therapy Knitting: 21 Free Knitting Patterns for a Healthy Mind
- Crazy Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Babbity Baby Knit Jacket
- All-in-One Sleeveless Knit Top
- Preemie Cardi and Matching Hat
- Favorite Preemie Baby Cardigan
- Contrast Trim Preemie Baby Cardigan
- Sweet Ruffled Baby Cardigan