49 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays
By: Nicola Trumbull, Editor, AllFreeKnitting
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
If you’re looking for knit scarves to give as gifts or a warm cowl for yourself, look no further. 49 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays is a collection of the best scarf and cowl knitting patterns. Not only do these patterns produce wonderful looking scarves, but they are meant for winter. That means these scarves and cowls are chunky, warm, thick, and soft.
Knitting cowl patterns are addicting. You won’t want to stop knitting these fun and stylish cowls that are sure to keep out the cold. Some are loose fitting and others are tighter to give you a choice of comfort.
Most of these scarves are fun and brightly colored--perfect for that extra splash of color on those grey winter days. You can easly make these knitting patterns in any color you like. Try the Neutral colored scarves for an elegant and practical scarf that will look good with any color coat.
49 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays
You've got the scarves and cowls, but what about the hats? Check out How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family for everything you need to complete your holiday set.
The knitted cowl fashion trend is sweeping the nation, and it's not hard to see why. Keep Jack Frost at bay with these cozy cowls. From bright bubblegum pink to a more subtle dark purple, these knit cowl patterns are just begging to be knit.
- True Blue Ribbed Cowl
- Bubblegum Cowl
- Country Cowl Tutorial
- Lacy Christmas Cowl
- Bird's Eye Scarf
- City Girl Cowl
- Four Row Holey Cowl
- Canaletto Cowl
- Fretted Band Cowl
- Mirage Cowl
- NEW! Sunset Brioche Cowl
If you're going for a more subtle look with your accessories this year, cast on one of these neutral knitting cowl patterns. Don't these beautiful knits look great with darker clothing? Fall in love with the way the Chic Gray cowl looks in black or the way the buttons accent the Snowy Buttoned Cowl.
- Gap Tastic Cowl
- Burberry Inspired Cowl
- Chic Gray Cowl
- Chunky Knit Snowball Cowl
- Snowy Buttoned Cowl
- Easy Infini Cowl
- Easy Cowl Pattern
- Cabled Cowl Scarf
- Bittersweet Cowl
- Maplewood Cowl
These knitting patterns for scarves are the best of the best. Try the Cobalt Ruffled scarf for some extra flair or the Memory Lapse scarf for a bright design. With so many colors and patterns, there is definitely a scarf here for you.
- Garter Drop-Stitch Scarf
- Beginner's Fair Isle Scarf
- Dragon Scale Keyhole Scarf
- Fitzgerald Scarf
- Memory Lapse Scarf
- Cobalt Ruffled Scarf
- Easiest Ever Accordion Scarf
- Winter Leaves Scarf
- Spiced Plum Scarf
- Irish Hooded Scarf
- NEW! Cable Avenue Knit Scarf
Running out of time until Christmas? Get some excellent last minute gift ideas with Countdown to Christmas: 14 Last Minute Knitted Gifts!
Just like the neutral cowls, these free knitting patterns for scarves look great with just about everything. Try the Braided Loaves Scarf pattern for a tan scarf or the Bobble Cable Ascot for a stylish little scarf. Cowl and scarf knitting patterns can be the perfect addition to a tasteful, simple outfit.
- Super Bulky Two Ball Scarf
- Easy Mistake Stitch Scarf
- Braided Loaves Scarf
- Elegant Seed Stitch Scarf
- New York Scarf
- The Perfect Men's Scarf
- Midnight Goddess Scarf
- Beginner's Bulky Scarf
- Reversible Cable Scarf
- NEW! Pom Pom Easy Knit Scarf
These free knitting patterns for infinity scarves are just what your wardrobe is missing! We've supplied you with five bonus scarf knitting patterns in case the first thirty-nine weren't enough and, let's face it--if you're an avid knitter, they probably weren't! You'll adore these patterns, but good luck giving them away as gifts and not keeping them all for yourself!
- Easy Winter Infinity Scarf
- Up North Infinity Scarf
- Homespun Circle Scarf
- Cozy Eternity Scarf
- Burnished Rose Infinity Scarf
- NEW! The Easiest Elegant Infinity Scarf
- NEW! Checkmate Knit Infinity Scarf
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 27 Knit Christmas Tree Ornament Patterns
- 49 Cowl and Scarf Knitting Patterns for the Holidays
- Holly Jolly Baby Bib
- 16 Free Christmas Knitting Patterns: Santas, Reindeer and More
- Easy Holiday Knit Slippers
- 39 DIY Christmas Gifts: A Knit Gift Guide
- Plum Pudding Christmas Scarf
- O Christmas Tree Knitted Garland
- Nordic Holiday Centerpiece
- Whimsical Tabletop Trees
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Kinzie Baby Hat
- Lace Border Baby Beanie
- Favorite Fall Fashion Accessories: 13 Free Knitting Patterns for Boot Cuffs
- Baby V-Neck Cardigan
- Cute and Cozy Preemie Cardigan
- Lace Knit Baby Vest
- Ribbon Baby Booties
- Lilac Blossom Baby Set
- Stars and Stripes Hat
- Bernat Sox Yarn