Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knitted Lace Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitted Lace: A Collection of Favorite Designs from Interweave
by Anne Merrow
Publisher: Interweave Books
Inside this gorgeous collection, you'll find 25 intricate and delicate lace patterns that represent the very best of Interweave's knitting publications. Compiled by editor Anne Merrow, this book includes plenty of eyelet scarves, delicate socks, classy tops and other beautiful accessories. If you're just starting to get the hang of lace knitting, don't fear this book. Knitted Lace features stunning patterns for all skill levels - from beginner to advance.
Featured designers include Nancy Bush, Evelyn Clark, Connie Change Chinchio, Donna Druchunas and many more. Compared to other lace knitting books, one of the things that makes this one so special is the introduction written by Eunny Jang, the editor of Interweave Knits. It's here where Jang provides a simple, yet profound, explanation for the delicate craft of lace knitting.
Aside from the beautiful patterns and introduction, this volume presents popular commentaries by knitted lace experts that offer tips for following complex lace charts, executing the perfect stitch and for understanding the construction of even the most advanced lace patterns.
While every pattern in this collection is extremely elegant, feminine and breathable, one of my favorites is the Dorflinger Tee found on p. 123. This beautiful lace top is made with chunky yarn, making for an unsual, but visually striking combination. By using heavier yarn, it allows you to create bold motifs on a much larger scale. The end result is something you need to see for yourself. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who considers themselves a knitter!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- History on Two Needles
- Knitting Millinery
- Confessions of a Knitting Heretic
- Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups: 24 Stylish Designs for Boleros, Capes, Shrugs, Crop Tops, & More
- Cast On, Bind Off - 211 Ways to Begin and End Your Knitting
- Heart Felt Knits: 25 Fresh and Modern Felting Projects
- Knitted Lace Review
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Knitting Free Patterns for Summer: 7 Sizzling Knit Tops, Knit Sweater Patterns & More
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Little Prince Crown
- Lacey Lucy Baby Blanket
- Men's Modern Knit Fingerless Mitts
- Easy Knit Scrubbies
- Auryn Knit Necklace
- Sweet Scarlet Poncho
- Dueling Stripes Knit Necklace
- Knitted Newborn Diaper Cover Tutorial
- Toddler Boy Knit Hat Pattern
- Free Cable Knit Pixie Hat Pattern