Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knitted Lace Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitted Lace: A Collection of Favorite Designs from Interweave
by Anne Merrow
Publisher: Interweave Books
Inside this gorgeous collection, you'll find 25 intricate and delicate lace patterns that represent the very best of Interweave's knitting publications. Compiled by editor Anne Merrow, this book includes plenty of eyelet scarves, delicate socks, classy tops and other beautiful accessories. If you're just starting to get the hang of lace knitting, don't fear this book. Knitted Lace features stunning patterns for all skill levels - from beginner to advance.
Featured designers include Nancy Bush, Evelyn Clark, Connie Change Chinchio, Donna Druchunas and many more. Compared to other lace knitting books, one of the things that makes this one so special is the introduction written by Eunny Jang, the editor of Interweave Knits. It's here where Jang provides a simple, yet profound, explanation for the delicate craft of lace knitting.
Aside from the beautiful patterns and introduction, this volume presents popular commentaries by knitted lace experts that offer tips for following complex lace charts, executing the perfect stitch and for understanding the construction of even the most advanced lace patterns.
While every pattern in this collection is extremely elegant, feminine and breathable, one of my favorites is the Dorflinger Tee found on p. 123. This beautiful lace top is made with chunky yarn, making for an unsual, but visually striking combination. By using heavier yarn, it allows you to create bold motifs on a much larger scale. The end result is something you need to see for yourself. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who considers themselves a knitter!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Free Spirit Shawls
- Cozy Knits
- The Art of Seamless Knitting
- Projects for Baby: Made with the Knook
- New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
- Knitted Flowers
- Lovely Knitted Lace
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Knitting at Home: 60 Classics from Ella Rae Designs
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Valentine's Day
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Kid-Approved Cuddly Blanket
- Adorable Knitted Tray
- Striped Dog Bandanna
- Kangaroo Ridge Scarf
- A Knit for Each Season: 4 Free Knitting Patterns
- Equinox Cowl
- Classic Baby Sweater
- Game of Thrones Fingerless Gloves
- Spring Morning Baby Cardigan
- Two Hour Princess Scarf