Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Knitted Lace Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitted Lace: A Collection of Favorite Designs from Interweave
by Anne Merrow
Publisher: Interweave Books
Inside this gorgeous collection, you'll find 25 intricate and delicate lace patterns that represent the very best of Interweave's knitting publications. Compiled by editor Anne Merrow, this book includes plenty of eyelet scarves, delicate socks, classy tops and other beautiful accessories. If you're just starting to get the hang of lace knitting, don't fear this book. Knitted Lace features stunning patterns for all skill levels - from beginner to advance.
Featured designers include Nancy Bush, Evelyn Clark, Connie Change Chinchio, Donna Druchunas and many more. Compared to other lace knitting books, one of the things that makes this one so special is the introduction written by Eunny Jang, the editor of Interweave Knits. It's here where Jang provides a simple, yet profound, explanation for the delicate craft of lace knitting.
Aside from the beautiful patterns and introduction, this volume presents popular commentaries by knitted lace experts that offer tips for following complex lace charts, executing the perfect stitch and for understanding the construction of even the most advanced lace patterns.
While every pattern in this collection is extremely elegant, feminine and breathable, one of my favorites is the Dorflinger Tee found on p. 123. This beautiful lace top is made with chunky yarn, making for an unsual, but visually striking combination. By using heavier yarn, it allows you to create bold motifs on a much larger scale. The end result is something you need to see for yourself. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who considers themselves a knitter!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Heart Felt Knits: 25 Fresh and Modern Felting Projects
- Projects for Baby: Made with the Knook
- Dishcloths for Special Days
- Knitted Lace Review
- Sock-Yarn Shawls: 15 Lacy Knitted Shawl Patterns
- England Avenue Cardigan Pattern by Megan Goodacre
- Cast On, Bind Off - 211 Ways to Begin and End Your Knitting
- One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Scarves & Cowls
- 7 Free Knitting Patterns for Homemade Halloween Costumes and Easy Decorating Ideas
- 8 Designs for Knitting: Free Patterns for Beginners and Easy Knitting Stashbusters
- 9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Free Knitting Designs for Fall: 8 Knit Sweater Patterns, Scarves, Bags and More
- How to Knit a Hat Volume 2: Free Knit Hat Patterns for the Whole Family
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knit Christmas Stocking Patterns
- Knitting for Beginners: 6 Easy Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Two-Tone Autumn Cowl
- Take to the Skies Shawl
- Midnight Magic Sweater
- Whichaway Mitts
- Stadium Mitts
- Lorna's Little Bites
- Reclaimed Cotton Ribbon
- Soho's Snood Kit
- The Ripple Effect: 25 Free Knitting Patterns with Chevron Stitch Knitting
- Effortless Cherry Wine Afghan