Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Gifted By Jimmy Beans Wool
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
All crafters know that you put a lot of yourself into your projects, so it's nice when a knitting pattern gives back to you! Laura Zander, co-founder of Jimmy Beans Wool, launched her Stitch Red campaign to help raise awareness of heart disease among women. Knit Red is the campaigns’ ambassador to the knitting world; each of the patterns in this gorgeous book is complete with a tip that will help guide you to a healthier heart.
I love finding projects aimed at helping people, which is exactly what this book does. A portion of the proceeds of every book purchased are donated to the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health, in support of The Heart Truth and women’s heart health education and research. Knitting for heart health is a wonderful way to both support others and to spread the word about women's heart heath. Every time someone asks you what you’re knitting, you can talk both about the pattern and about the Stitch Red campaign.
The patterns in this book will make you want to think about your heart every day. Packed with a variety of projects, this is a book for everyone. World renowned knitting designers have contributed fresh new designs to the Knit Red project. If you love knitting, Knit Red is a great way to combine health awareness with your favorite past time. The designer of each pattern provides their own heart health tip, so you get to know more about the designer of your favorite projects while you learn about health.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit
- Hand Spun: New Spins on Traditional Techniques
- Faux Taxidermy Knits
- Wrapped in Color: 30 Shawls to Knit
- Cast On, Bind Off - 211 Ways to Begin and End Your Knitting
- New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
- A Handknit Romance: 22 Vintage Designs with Lovely Details
- Knitted Lace Review
- Lovely Knitted Lace
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Cozy Free Shawl Patterns: 7 Knitted Shawl Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- Knitting for Baby: 6 Knit Baby Blankets
- Mother's Day Crafts for Adults: 9 Easy Knitting Projects for Mom
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Turquoise Hepta Shawl
- Yarnover Cross Knit Scarf
- Color Block Knit Dishcloth Patterns
- How to Knit a Sweater or Top for Any Season: 305 Free Knitting Patterns
- His Favorite Ribbed Knit Hat Pattern
- All About That Hat
- Anne Geddes Baby Yarn
- Bright Stripes Baby Blanket
- Wandering Clouds Baby Knit Hat
- Everyday Knit Hat Pattern